Hi Rebels! I’m stepping in quickly to introduce my good friend, and fabulous author, Lexi Lawton. Lexi’s got the Christmas spirit and is sharing with her new release, Christmas Confessions. Don’t forget to post a comment, and check out her giveaway.
Take it away Lexi…
My husband calls me a scrooge, a hater of all things Christmas. He tends to be overly dramatic at times.
Why does he say this about me? Well, because I have a very strong dislike of Christmas movies. I find most of them to be over-the-top cheesy and the acting subpar. He, however, would watch them day and night if I would allow it. I also don’t read many Christmas themed stories, and this is the first Christmas story I’ve ever written. (And here’s my personal Christmas confession: I honestly don’t know if I’ll ever write another one. Lol)
But, despite my strong dislike of Christmas movies, there are a lot of things I do love about this holiday. Allow me to share them with you…
1. A CHRISTMAS STORY – This is the only holiday movie I will watch. I love little Ralphie and his unflinching quest for a Red Rider B.B. Gun. And that leg lamp? WANT! “Frah-gee-lay!” Love it. Lol.
2. SNOW – Okay, yes, I do often complain about the ridiculous amounts of snow we get, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. There’s nothing quite like waking up on Christmas morning and seeing the world covered in white. And let’s face it, holiday lights tend to twinkle just a little brighter against the white stuff.
3. FINDING THE PERFECT GIFT – I like to get gifts as much as the next person, but finding that perfect gift for a loved one is amazing. I get so excited to give it to them, and the look on their face when they finally do get to open it…gives me happy chills just thinking about it.
4. LOOKING AT CHRISTMAS LIGHTS – As a child, my parents would take me out on Christmas Eve and we’d drive around town, looking at the houses decorated with all the pretty lights. We’d stop and get hot chocolate. It’s one of my favorite childhood memories; and now that I’m grown and married, I’ve continued this tradition with my own children.
5. COOKIES, COOKIES, AND MORE COOKIES! – I don’t generally bake much throughout the year, but when Christmas rolls around, I’m a baking fool. I give trays upon trays of cookies and fudge to family members and friends.
6. THE LOOK ON MY KIDS FACES ON CHRISTMAS MORNING – I stand near the Christmas tree and snap pictures of them when they wake up and see that Santa has visited. I’m pretty sure they hate me for it. lol
7. HAVING AN EXCUSE TO STAY INSIDE – When it really snows, and the roads become dangerous and impassable, it gives me a valid, inarguable reason to stay inside and write.
8. DECORATIONS – I love to decorate for this holiday. I have an entire décor of blue snowmen. They’re so adorable.
9. CHRISTMAS CARDS – I love getting them and sending them!
10. WRAPPING PRESENTS – I don’t know why, but I love this task. I take such pride in making sure the corners are just right and they look really pretty.
So, what do you love (or dislike) about this holiday? Do you have any favorite movies or books? Share in the comments, and don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
From the moment Brandon James hired Chelsea St. Claire to work in his bar, he’s wanted her in ways that cross every line of the employer – employee relationship. Even though he’s always kept things professional, when a snow storm strands Chelsea at the bar, forcing her to spend Christmas with him, he can no longer control his desires.
Despite being sad about missing out on Christmas with her family, Chelsea’s not sorry to be spending time in the home — and bed — of a man she’s wanted for over a year. But when Chelsea finds a note revealing Brandon’s true feelings, she must decide if she wants a Christmas fling, or if she has some Christmas confessions of her own.
You can connect with Lexi here on her blog, on Twitter and Facebook.